There are 4 keys quests across the map Das Herrenhaus. Only one is required in order to complete the Return to Das Herrenhaus Easter Egg, which is the Heart key. The others key quests give you rewards, such as points, extra perks slots, and weapons.
The Heart Key is required for one of Samantha’s Games, part of the main Easter Egg. It is mandatory to shoot the keys in the specific order. The keys are quite easy to see as they are bright pink. Upon shooting all the keys in the order below you can obtain the key at the ice. After obtaining the key you can now unlock a door located on the bottom floor of the Boiler Room, which is required to finish the Easter Egg.
- Spawn Room – Inside window barrier next to photo on wall
- Classroom Wing – On shelving where room splits left or right
- Classroom Wing – On elevator door above ruble
- Cloister – In library second floor on balcony behind latter
- Cloister – On top of frozen fountain
- Dinning Hall – On second floor leaning against a pillar
- Gardens – Obtain the key in the middle of the ice rink
- Boiler room – Use the key to unlock the door
The Spade Key you are required to shoot 6 paintings around the map with the Ray Gun or the Ray Gun MK2. 3 of them are located inside the map, the other three will be located outside the map behind window barriers. To know that you have shot the paintings correctly the faces on the paintings will light up and become different. Upon shooting all 6 paintings the Spade key will present itself on the top floor of the Library and will open the display case to the left in the Jugg room and be rewarded a free Blundergat.
- Spawn Room – Inside the barrier where you locate the first Heart Key
- School Board – The picture to the right of the one that says “liar”
- Dinning Room – At the back right of the teleporter inside the window barrier
- Library – In a window barrier behind the gobblegum machine and box location
- Samantha’s room – The opposite room of the one Samantha is in, above a dresser
- Library – Second Floor take a right and will be first set of pictures (the middle picture)
- Library – Obtain the Spade Key on the top floor of the Library now head to the display case to the left of the Jugg room and now enjoy a free Blundergat
The Club Key requires you to shoot 7 well hidden perk bottles around the map. Majority of the perk bottles will be located outside the map and will be hard to see. After shooting all 7 perk bottles the Club key will appear in the Greenhouse building by the treasure chest on top of a table. You can now unlock the building across from the greenhouse building and obtain a mysterious perk.
- Spawn Room – Above the clock on the stairs right under the big bird
- Library – On the second floor on the second big light hanging from ceiling
- Cloister – To the right of the Library on the middle window bottom set on the outside of building
- Dinning Hall – On top of the archway to the right above the teleporter
- Boiler Room – Top floor before you go down to the next floor on the far side, if you look over railing you will a picture on the wall, the perk bottle is right beside the picture
- Greenhouse Building – Above and to the right of the STG-44 wall buy sitting on top of the guttering system
- Gardens – As soon as you enter the Gardens from the Dinning Hall if you look straight head at the ice rink, you will see a light post with two lights on it. It will located on top of the light on the right.
- Greenhouse Building – Now you can obtain the Spade Key next to the treasure chest in the building on a table
- Greenhouse Building – Head to the opposite building of where you obtained the Club Key and you can now unlock the door and receive a mysterious perk
The Diamond Key is probably the easiest of the 4 key quests, if you already have the Thunder Gun. You will need to obtain the Thunder Gun and shoot the violet candles in Samantha’s Room. Upon shooting them they will not glow violet anymore. After blowing out all the violet candles the Diamond Key will spawn in Samantha’s Room, obtain it and it will open another door at the bottom floor of the Boiler Room. Once you open the door you can now see you can retrieve a treasure which rewards you with 25k points.
- Samantha’s Room – Next to fire place between 2 pictures on the wall
- Samantha’s Room – Opposite side of the room between 2 pictures on the wall
- Samantha’s Room – Located above the dresser by painting you had to shoot for the Spade Key
- Samantha’s Room – Obtain the Diamond Key on top of the dresser underneath that last candle location
- Boiler Room – On the bottom floor you can now open a door leading you to a treasure chest where you can obtain 25k points